Sherry recognizes the importance of community involvement and is happy to
donate her time and expertise whenever able.
Okanagan Business Referral Group, Co-founder serving terms as Vice-President and President. She was pleased to provide a series of complimentary mini business presentations at their weekly meetings.
Lower Mainland Involvement
- Surrey Chamber of Commerce, Director and subsequently Executive Director.
- Surrey Chamber of Commerce, Member of “Independent Business Committee”
- Burnaby, Surrey, New Westminster & Langley Chambers of Commerce, Served on Golf Committees
- New Westminster Chamber of Commerce, Chaired H.U.D.A.C.’s Auction Committee
- Burnaby, Langley & Surrey Chambers of Commerce, Served on Auction Committees
- Municipality of Surrey, appointed to assemble the team to assist the Surrey Food Bank in restructuring
- Surrey Safety Forum, Coordinator and Moderator for the Surrey Crime Prevention Society
- Coordinated the Summer Mural Painting Competition (an initiative of the Surrey Newton Community Policing Station).
- Surrey Community Skills Centre, Served on the Advisory Committee
- North Surrey Community Skills Centre, Served as Interim Chair Person
- Friends of the Public Library System, Facilitated “Entrepreneurship” Workshops throughout the lower mainland, including the Vancouver Public Library
- Langley, Surrey, Coquitlam, New Westminster & Burnaby Chambers of Commerce
- Vancouver Board of Trade
- Vancouver Home-Based Business Association
- The Canadian Home-Based Business Association
- The Vancouver Women’s Information Network
- The Business Opportunities Exchange
- Vancouver Women in Management
- Surrey Community Crime Prevention Society
- Newton Business Association